Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Issues with Chromium Version 40.0.2214.94 (64-bit) (Read 55159 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Issues with Chromium Version 40.0.2214.94 (64-bit)
Reply #29 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Well, the fact that it's all "0" changes on the second sync means that BookMacster is able to correctly export to Chromium; at least, Chromium does not immediately barf on the export.

BookMacster uses a slightly different "style", depending on whether Chromium is running in the subject profile or not.  If you click in the menu: BookMacster > Logs it will tell you what style was used.  An entry that reads:

Will read from Chromium in style 1

means that Chromium was not running, and BookMacster accessed the bookmarks file directly.

An entry that reads

Will read from Chromium in style 2

means that Chromium was running, and BookMacster accessed the bookmarks via its Chromium extension.

See if you are able to export repeatedly in both Style 1 and Style 2 with +0 Δ0 ↖0 ↕0 -0 changes.

If so, then if you turn on syncing, and say tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM you see a Safe Sync Limit warning, it means that something hit your Chromium bookmarks a few minutes earlier.

Sorry for the indirect answer  Undecided

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #28 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 1:21am
Print Post  
That is correct. But the inital sync had already happened and I'm confused by the 361 changes.

When I now sync all chromium shows with "0" changes. But automatic sync is disabled. Can I enable that again?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #27 - Feb 15th, 2015 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Hello again, FatalError.

What if you repeat the successful export immediately?  The second time, there should be no Safe Limit warning, because BookMacster and Chromium should be in sync from the first export.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #26 - Feb 15th, 2015 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Just encountered another "Sheep-Sys-Worker" error

An error has occurred.
15.02.2015 23:15

To launch BookMacster and view Errors now, click "View".

To save until the next time you launch BookMacster, click "Next Time".

Clicking "View"

An Export operation was aborted because it would have caused 24 items to be added to, 314 items to be updated in, and 23 items to be deleted from Chromium.

The total, 361 changes, exceeds your Safe Sync Limit of 25 for Chromium.

Suggestion to Fix this Error:
Click 'Open' to open the document.  Then retry manually by clicking in the menu: File > Export to all.  You'll get more info.

✔  To prevent recurrence, syncing has been switched off.  To resume syncing, after the issue is resolved, click the 'Syncing' button in the toolbar.

When this error occurred:
2015-02-15 23:15:13

So this continues. Click "open"

when exporting to all:

The proposed Export operation will cause 24 items to be added to, 314 items to be updated in, and 23 items to be deleted from Chromium.

The total, 361 changes, exceeds your Safe Sync Limit of 25 for Chromium!  Are you sure you want to do this export?

"export anyhow". that then seems to have worked.

IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #25 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Uninstalled, Installed, Tested > ok, green checkmark

Sync seems to work. I think that did the trick. Will observe further, but case might be solved.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #24 - Feb 14th, 2015 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Hello again, Fatal Error.

Sorry, I wrote this yesterday morning but forget to send this.

We got your data.

Regarding what happened yesterday, I don’t think it’s necessarily the Chromium profile, but all indications point to the Chromium extension is not working.  Please do what the last error suggested:  Click in the menu BookMacster > Manage Browser Add-Ons.  Uninstall, (Re)Install and Test the first extension for Chromium.  Does it give you a nice checkmark in a green circle, indicating that it worked?

Another issue is Chromium being relaunched when BookMacster did an export.  That should only happen if you are signed in to Chromium in that Erster Nutzer profile.  Are you sure you're not signed in to Chromium?

Finally, while you're there in the Chromium preferences, scroll down to the "People" section and verify that you are currently the only Chromium user.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #23 - Feb 13th, 2015 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Info Sent. Thanks for setting up a key. Now your users can safely send you sensitive information. That is great news imo.

I just tried starting from scratch by Choosing BookMacster "Reset and Start Over..."

I also removed all bookmarks in chromium to omit any potential issues with existing bookmarks there.

Did import from FF and then when activating automatic sync, on the initial export (which is showing up via a dialogue) I get:

Our Chromium extension is not responding in profile "Erster Nutzer".  A response is now required to keep those bookmarks in sync.

To fix this, try to quit Chromium, then return here and click "Retry"

I did that (closed chromium) and BookMacster did it's attempt but after a few seconds chromium restarted and again I saw:

Our Chromium extension is not responding in profile "Erster Nutzer".  A response is now required to keep those bookmarks in sync.

To fix this, try to quit Chromium, then return here and click "Retry"

This time:

Export failed

Chromium stopped responding while BookMacster was exporting to it.

✔  To prevent recurrence, syncing has been paused.  To resume syncing, after the issue is resolved, click the 'Syncing' button in the toolbar.

Make sure that Chromium is either in a responsive state or is quit.  Then activate username-01.bkmslf in BookMacster and command an export to Chromium manually.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, click in the menu BookMacster > Manage Browser Add-Ons.  Uninstall, (Re)Install and Test the first extension for Chromium.  Then retry the export.

───── Underlying Cause ─────

Interapp messaging error : Server port (com.sheepsystems.BookMacster.ExtoreChromium.Default.ToClient) not found

So maybe my chromium profile got corrupted? Or maybe this brings you closed to what's not working in regard to chromium. After this automatic syncing shows a "!" indicating there are problems.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #22 - Feb 13th, 2015 at 7:13am
Print Post  
OK FatalError, we're having fun now.  Supposedly you can now find a public key for support@sheepsystems.com on keys.gnupg.net, and possibly other servers.  And supposedly I will be able to decrypt whatever you send Smiley

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #21 - Feb 12th, 2015 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Hi, will do, but not sure if I can include all bookmarks. That makes identifying a person rather easy and is somewhat of a unique fingerprint. So I might skip that step.

I couldn't find any OpenPGP for support@sheepsystems.com . Could you create one and either upload the public key to the key servers or attach it to this discussion to provide secure transport for the log info.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #20 - Feb 12th, 2015 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
We fixed an issue with BookMacster getting confused between Firefox and its Developer Edition.

The problems were that (1) until Firefox Developer Edition, Firefox would not allow you to run two instances of Firefox at once but now it does and (2) Firefox does not provide a way for extensions to identify what profiles they are in.  We have now developed a trick that allows us to work around (2) so as to accomodate (1).

The fix is in BookMacster 1.22.33 which was published on the beta channel an hour ago.  Here is how to get it.

Regarding Chromium, we can’t figure out what’s going on there.  FatalError, the next time you get an export with excessive changes to Chromium, please  run our Trouble Zipper and if you don’t mind, answer “Include” to everything.  To run Trouble Zipper, activate BookMacster and click in the menu: Help > Trouble Zipper.  Also, in your email message, tell us what time the excessive export occurred so we can correlate it to events in the log.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #19 - Feb 12th, 2015 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Sounds good and indeed like a smart solution to the FF issue.

Just FYI, just ran into a "Sheep-Sys-Worker" error:

An error has occurred.
12.02.2015 12:27

To launch BookMacster and view Errors now, click "View".

To save until the next time you launch BookMacster, click "Next Time".

When clicking "view" I am greeting by the known chromium warning:

An Export operation was aborted because it would have caused 77 items to be added to, 368 items to be updated in, and 77 items to be deleted from Chromium.

The total, 522 changes, exceeds your Safe Sync Limit of 25 for Chromium.

Do you *really* want to *DELETE* 77 items in Chromium?  If not, click "Cancel".

Click 'Open' to open the document.  Then retry manually by clicking in the menu: File > Export to all.  You'll get more info.

✔  To prevent recurrence, syncing has been switched off.  To resume syncing, after the issue is resolved, click the 'Syncing' button in the toolbar.

When this error occurred:
2015-02-12 12:27:12

No need to react to this. Just trying to keep you posted on what I see and run into during normal workdays Smiley

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #18 - Feb 11th, 2015 at 7:05am
Print Post  
The next version of BookMacster, on the beta channel, will contain an improved Firefox extension which identifies to BookMacster which Firefox profile is active.  I think this might fix the issue you're seeing with Firefox vs. Developer Edition.

We're still working on the Chromium thing.

Regarding screen sharing, I may still take you up on that one of these days if we run out of ideas here.  Maybe you have better "luck" with it than me.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Under Bookmarkshelf > Document Information I get the following info:

This Document contains 16 subfolders and 480 Bookmarks.

If you want screensharing access to this machine let me know.

While trying to export only to > chromium I get another:
The proposed Export operation will cause 77 items to be added to, 399 items to be updated in, and 77 items to be deleted from Chromium.

The total, 553 changes, exceeds your Safe Sync Limit of 25 for Chromium!  Are you sure you want to do this export?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
FatalError, please activate your BookMacster document and click in the menu: File > Document Information.  It will tell you how many "subfolders" you have.  Reply and tell us.

(If that number is 75-79, this tells me that it's probably swapping out all of your subfolders when you get that warning regarding Chromium, minus the 2-3 Hard Folders.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #15 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
I went into Application Support > BookMacster and found several Log files:

Logs.sql
Logs~.sql
Logs~~.sql
in total 5 files.

In Bookmarkshelf Documents folder I found 4 shelfes

NameofShelf.bkmslf
NameofShelf~.bkmslf

I removed all but the one file without any "~".

Let's see if this improves the situation. I'll keep testing syncing to chromium.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint